Thursday, February 10, 2005

I Created Treat Monsters

Being almost five, Scream has been potty-trained for a while now. Even though Yell is almost 4, he's really bucking the whole potty thing. He's been dry for the most part, but to be on the safe side, his parents have him wear a pull-up.

Quite a while ago, I told Yell that I'd give him something from my treats drawer every time he used the potty. I have a drawer in the kitchen with all sorts of goodies, the likes of which would make me too hungry so I can't list them now. Since Scream is so close in age to Yell, it only seems fair to give him a treat for going potty too, especially since back when I started the bribery, he was relatively new to the whole potty thing himself.

After Scream and Yell hanging out with me for the afternoon, I'm surprised there are any goodies left in the treats drawer. They finally caught on to the idea of potty as currency.

After snack time, they wanted more junk food but had grown tired of me telling them they had to wait for supper. They both darted for bathrooms, even remembering to flush and wash hands, and came running to the kitchen to claim their prizes. Hmmm, I might have to figure out some other bribery plan.